"....an ambassador's job is government to government primarily, but it's also to be a commercial diplomat"
Amb. Anthony Harrington
'In many significant offshore financial centres, specialist commercial judges exist where formal specialist courts do not'
The Hon. Justice L. Kawaley
Recommended Books and Journals for Practitioners of Commercial Diplomacy
- Feketekuty, Geza; Policy Development and Negotiations in International Trade: A Practical Guide to Effective Commercial Diplomacy (2013)**
- Feketekuty, Geza; Trade Strategies for a New Era: Ensuring U.S. Leadership in a Global Economy (1988)
- Vandevelde, Kenneth J. Bilateral Investment Treaties: History, policy and Interpretation (Oxford University Press 2009)(Forthcoming)
- Vandevelde, Kenneth J. U.S. International Investment Agreements (Oxford University Press 2008)(Forthcoming)
- Vandevelde, Kenneth J. Investment Provisions in Economic Integration Agreements (Geneva: United Nations, 2006) (Kenneth J. Vandevelde, Principal Author)
- Vandevelde, Kenneth J. International Investment Arrangements: Trends and Emerging Issues (Geneva: United Nations, 2006) (Co-author with Roberto Echandi)
- Dolzer, R., Stevens, M., Bilateral Investment Treaties (1995)
- Dunn, David H., Edited by; Diplomacy at the Highest Level: The Evolution of International Summitry
- Fouchard, Gaillard, Goldman, On International Commercial Arbitration (1999)
- WTO Secretariat, Guide to the Uruguay Round Agreements (Kluwer Law International, 1999)
- WTO Secretariat, Guide to Dispute Settlement (Kluwer Law International, 2002)
- Das, B.L., The World Trade Organisation: A Guide to the Framework for International Trade (Third World Network, 1999)
- Hoekman, B. and Kostecki, M., The Political Economy of the World Trading System, 2nd edition (Oxford University Press, 2001).
- Jackson, J., The World Trading System: Law and Policy of International Economic Relations, 2nd edition (The MIT Press, 1997).
- Anderson, K., "Peculiarities of Retaliation in WTO Dispute Settlement, Centre for International Economic Studies Discussion Paper No. 0207 (Adelaide University, 2002).
- Hufbauer, G., Schott, J. and Elliott, K., Economic Sanctions Reconsidered, 2nd edition (Institute for International Economics, Washington, 1990).
- Jackson, J., "Designing and Implementing Effective Dispute Settlement Procedures: WTO Dispute Settlement, Appraisal and Prospects", in Krueger, A. (ed.),
- The WTO as an International Organization (University of Chicago Press, 1998).
- An examination of the role women have played in the Foreign Office can be found in (FCO History Note
- Gordon A. Craig & Felix Gilbert (eds), The Diplomats 1919-39 (Princeton, 1953) and
- Gordon A. Craig & Francis L. Lowenheim (eds), The Diplomats 1919-1979 (Princeton, 1994)
- Sir E. Satow, Magisterial Guide to Diplomatic Practice